Our Executive Presbyter, Reverend Laura Stellmon, is embarking on a new call as Interim Pastor of the Brigham City Community Presbyterian Church. Her last day in the Presbytery office will be December 5. We will miss her immensely, but wish her well in her new endeavor.
Consequently, the Coordinating Council of the Presbytery of Utah is seeking an Interim Executive Presbyter.
INTERIM EXECUTIVE PRESBYTER JOB OPENING
Interim Executive Presbyter (1/2 time) needed for the Presbytery of Utah. Teaching or Ruling Elders apply by January 8, 2014. Flexible job description below. Effective minimum salary $35,000. Send application/personal information to firstname.lastname@example.org or Stated Clerk, Presbytery of Utah, 699 East South Temple #305, Salt Lake City, UT 84102
The Executive Presbyter provides leadership and resources to create a community that builds and strengthens relationships.
The Executive Presbyter serves as a pastor to pastors, leader/guide to those elected to Council and Presbytery leadership positions, supervises office staff, and colleague to Stated Clerk and Treasurer.
Create a community that builds and strengthens relationships by:
- Working with pastors serving congregations for support and guidance
- Assisting congregations work through appropriate Presbytery processes and procedures during times of transition and upon the request of the congregation or session
- Facilitating congregational transition and transformation by advising pastors and sessions about available resources
- Building and strengthening relationships among congregations
- Building and strengthening relationships among members of Presbytery
- Ensuring adequate communications within the Presbytery
- Resourcing and supporting the committees of the Presbytery
- Coordinating the work of Presbytery staff (including Stated Clerk and Treasurer) and contracted staff to achieve the mission of the Presbytery
- Providing leadership on strategic visioning and planning for the Presbytery
- Coordinating with other governing bodies of the church
This position is accountable to the Presbytery through the Coordinating Council and will prepare an annual work plan in consultation with the Coordinating Council of the Presbytery of Utah. The Executive Presbyter will prepare a brief annual report to the Coordinating Council documenting his/her activities and status of the Presbytery for delivery at the fall meeting of the Presbytery. The Coordinating Council of the Presbytery will conduct an annual performance review of the activities of the Executive Presbyter (with the assistance of the Personnel Committee if the Council desires). The Coordinating Council of the Presbytery of Utah will also conduct an annual review of the financial viability of the Executive Presbyter position and may recommend to the Presbytery changes to the terms and/or job description it deems appropriate. Results of both reviews will be prepared and approved by the Coordinating Council at its regularly scheduled meeting prior to the fall meeting of the Presbytery of Utah.